Saturday, July 25, 2009

No Jinx

For the record, I did not jinx Kalamazoo's Fran Riordan with yesterday's post. The Kings came from behind and then held on in a precarious ninth inning to edge the Midwest Sliders 3-2 in Ypsilanti for Fran's 412th career win in the Frontier League. Greg Tagert and he are now tied for most all-time managerial victories. The Kings and the Sliders go at it again today to see if Fran can jump into the lead all by his lonesome.

I spoke on the telephone yesterday with FL Commissioner Bill Lee, who is in Ypsilanti, and he reminded me just how important his dining favorites, as listed in the League's Media Guide, are to him and should be to me. He noted that after the game he would be on his way to the Sidetrack Bar and Grill in Y-Town for the best "handcrafted" burger he had ever tasted. I'm not sure how other burgers are crafted, but I do know that Bill is seldom off the mark with his recommendations.

A lot of great action out there today in the FL, including a doubleheader at Rockford's Road Ranger Stadium, home of this year's All-Star Game. Check out a game where you are!